Thursday, October 1, 2009

Reyes Done for 2010?

I nearly drove off the road this morning when I heard ESPN’s update that Jose Reyes not only tore his hamstring running yesterday, but that it will require surgery and he could miss all of next season. I started to laugh like a mental patient, like Robert DeNiro in Cape Fear. I mean, are you kidding me? Out for next season? Now to be fair, Craig Carton on WFAN “heard” from someone that Jose’s surgery will be for his injury that has kept him out since May 20 and not for this new injury.

Which is really the Mets’ way isn’t it? Is he hurt? Is he not that hurt? He’s day-to-day, then week-to-week, done for the year and now maybe for next year. You cannot make this stuff up. May I ask why this guy is even trying to run in the first place? What’s the point? If I were running this team (and I wish that I was) I would have chained Reyes to a fence for the next 6 months and let him heal for spring training. But no, this stupid organization has him running with 4 games left and a 100 games out of first place. Hello? Is there anybody who has any kind of clue?

If I’m Jose, I can’t wait to get the heck out of Queens. The way he’s been handled, and frankly, pressured by management through their leaks to the media that Jose is dogging it, I wouldn’t be surprised, nor could I blame him, if he wanted out. Seriously. Would you want to play for this organization? In fact, I believe this season has been so gigantically dysfunctional, that it’s going to be very difficult for them to bring any player to this mess of a franchise.

Is this not the most inept franchise in all of sports? Think about this for a moment. Jose Reyes goes down in May with a minor tweak in his calf and is supposed to miss one game. ONE STINKIN’ GAME! And now he may be out for the 2010 season? Heads have to roll over this. GMs, managers, coaches, doctors, trainers everyone needs to go. In fact, I wish the Wilpons would just sell this team. They have done nothing but make a mockery of their organization and I implore Matt Cerrone, with his large readership, to begin a petition on behalf of the fans to force the Wilpons to sell this team. I cannot take it any longer. It’s one thing to consistently blow cheese on the field, but it’s another to be so utterly clueless about running a baseball operation. “A Comedy of Errors” is the NY Mets and the Wilpons are authoring that narrative in truly mind numbing fashion.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is beyond ridiculous. i hope this is just an outrageous rumor, but the question remains why on earth didn't they just let Reyes have surgery back in June or July or August or September.

The ineptitude is unbelievable.